Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pinterest!



Firstly, I LOVE the website Pinterest.com!  In class we have been talking about ways to use different websites in the classroom and this is one that I would really enjoy using.  Pinterest is so inspirational and I feel that it could be incorporated into the classroom for informal writing assignments (which are very important, in my opinion).  Given the picture above, I could write pages and pages about how this quotation applies to my life and to life in general.  This type of assignment would hopefully inspire my students and make them enjoy writing.  Any ideas??

3 comments:

  1. I think Pinterest is a great resource! I wrote a blog entry about it as well. Not only can Students interact with their teachers through Pinterest but it is also very helpful for teachers to interact with other educators as well, sharing ideas and insight. It would be good for students to write a reflection on different quotations and things that they find, and you could also provide students with different resources through Pinterest. Rather than making tons of handouts for the students you could have them check out your Pinterest for examples of onomatopoeia or different descriptive words that they can use in their writing. Overall, I find it to be an extremely helpful website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on Pinterest a few times, but a friend of mine told me it was a "girl" thing. I sort of got that impression as well. I feel like a lot of the posts are meant for women and some male students might feel a bit awkward going on Pinterest. But hey, whatever works and makes you happy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do see what you're saying. That was one of my concerns so I picked a post that I felt that anyone could write about. Then again, I'm a girl so I'm not too sure what male students might think about the activity. What if I would open it up to any quotation or inspirational message/picture, but suggest Pinterest for those interested?

    ReplyDelete